Nine out of ten people who make New Year’s resolutions eventually give up halfway through and a third will break them by the end of January.
In the daily distractions and constant demands in which we live, we often neglect what we know. If we content ourselves with resolutions rather than results when it comes to creating a healthy and successful lifestyle, we are sabotaging the happiness we deserve.
If you disagree, then why do many of us continue making the same promises year after year at the risk of us feeling down and discouraged?
It’s simple: Resolutions require only words whereas Results require action.
Why most people don’t act? Because of their Fear of change.
Many people have difficulties in facing changes and challenges for various reasons, some of them are:
• Avoid making decisions because you think something might go wrong. You’re afraid that everything will go wrong. (You can’t see you can also learn from mistakes)
• Lack of self-esteem, not believing in yourself. (This type of person compares himself or herself with others a great deal, too)
• Fear of running out of money, of spending too much. (May be that is the kind of person who has difficulty organizing expenses, for example)
• Difficulty in communicating with people, it seems people just do not understand you.
• Not being satisfied with small victories of everyday life, thinking you can always be better.
• Feeling that you do not have time to venture. Routine makes you very busy. (This can be a form of escapism from other problems, too many activities – what is known as the ‘busy-ness syndrome’)
• Attachment to past memories, so being discouraged from learning that nothing is as it was before.
• Difficulty recognizing or viewing their real needs.
What can we conclude from this? That to succeed in the results we want, we must still take care of what we do not look for within ourselves, our insecurities, our fears, our past, our limiting beliefs, our difficulties. And how do we achieve this? By acting in the direction of self-knowledge and development!
Ensure your happiness is fulfilled by acting toward self-knowledge and self-esteem right now.
I say Happiness in 2012 and always!